Friday, January 2, 2009

HAPPY 2009


Once again Sammy D has impressed me. During a cold winter night I found Sammy and I out in our poorly lit driveway. As I began to walk him inside the house I heard him say "this?" In Sammy language that means, "hey! look at this thing over here, it's cool looking and I want to know what it is" I turned to find him pointing straight up at the sky. I looked up and saw the moon and stars shining brightly in the clear and cloudless night. I promptly told Sammy that he was looking at the moon and stars. I felt compelled to add that God put them in the sky, seeing that this was his first time noticing them. I was so thankful and proud to see that Sammy got his first taste of the glory of God by appreciating first hand the glory of the heavens. It was as if God put the starts in the sky just to say, "hey Sammy, I am God, I am very big, and I love you"
Sammy got the message, and so did I.

Happy New Year -
Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. ~Benjamin Franklin

1 comment:

Teri said...

I love you so much. Thanks for making me smile. You are the best husband in the entire world