Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Can Only Imagine

Bank Of America helped to teach me a lesson on perspective today. As I stood in line waiting to deposit my paycheck I became increasingly burdened by my responsibilities and depressed by the prospect of going back to my meaningless job for another 5 hours. I got to the teller and handed her my pathetic paycheck so she could put it into my even more embarrassing and pathetic checking account.

At that time I could hear the christian song "I Can Only Imagine" playing on a small desktop radio behind the teller. I thought to myself, "cool, this lady is listening to christian music at work, good for her". Then I actually listened to the words of the song and pictured myself standing before the Alpha and Omega. My sorry little concerns were instantly wiped from my mind and I had a fresh and much needed renewal.

Going back to work still sucked, but at least I was now blessed with "perspective".

No comments: