Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Brennan


This individual (standing on the left) is the key to G-14 making a comeback. The band has had tons of stand-in personnel but I can honestly say that Brennan is the best musician that has ever been in the band. He can sing and play guitar better than me. That sucks because that is what I love to do, but Brennan is humble and thankfully willing to help me become the elite musician that I know I can be. Brennan is younger than Crumb and I but he is definitely is versed in punk. That's why he fit perfectly into our band.

Brennan's first comment after listening to G-14 was, "It's good old school punk". That quote has become the crux of our band. It hurt to be called "old school", but that statement has defined the band. We are not the most talented band in the world, BUT we love the music that we play and we value the soul and flow of a song more than the pure musical value. Brennan understands this concept and has helped the band reach new levels of skill and potential. He provides an increased "talent" component to the band but does not "corrupt" our sound by doing too much to a song.

Thank You Brennan, you will earn a nickname in time.

No comments: