Monday, March 23, 2009

Tuff Gong


My family and I enjoyed some Bob Marley tunes this past weekend. I've been listening to those songs for years and tend to sing along without thinking too hard about the lyrics. I must say that Marley has some powerful lyrics regarding faith. I do understand that there are major theological differences between the Rastafarian religion and my own. I still consider them to be Christian due to their monotheistic belief in God, their belief in Jesus as savior, and their acceptance of the holy trinity. Luckily I can defer all judgement and critique of theology to God himself.


I don't care what faith you claim (or don't claim). Marley speaks some profound truths. "There aint no hiding place from the father of creation" ...........marinate on that............ I could not have said it any better. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). Romans 6:23 says, "For the wages of sin is death...." Hmmn, clearly Bob and the Bible express a need for something. A savior maybe? Well, lets look at the rest of verse 23".....but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord".


It's not rocket science. It's FAITH. And it's mine. Go find your own.

"I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me " Proverbs 8:17

Until then, I'll be "jammin in the name of the lord".

No comments: