Thursday, March 19, 2009

Don't be that guy (or girl)

Have you ever considered how you order your food? I have developed a pet peeve toward those who show their selfishness and entitlement mentality through ordering food. If you pull up to a drive thru and they say, "How can I help you?" please don't say, "I WANT a coke and fries". It would be better to say, "Could I get a coke and fries" or "May I please have a coke and fries". It may not seem like a big deal but those phrases have very different contentations. "I WANT" is a phrase for spoiled kids and clueless adults. "Could I" or "May I" is polite and respectful.

You may have never thought about it before, but pay attention to others and you will see it first hand. I'm sure some of you do it and don't even realize what you're saying. Give it a try and enjoy a more happy happy joy joy world.
(then go for a run because you just had a coke and fries)

No comments: