Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Plaxico Burress

Imagine this......You catch the game winning pass to win the Super Bowl. You are beloved by millions. Your team is 10-1 and you are poised to make another run at the Super Bowl.

A prudent person would consider this a strong incentive NOT TO BE STUPID. So Plaxico manages to accidentally shoot himself in the leg at a club in Manhattan. As of today he has been arrested, suspended, and is out for the rest of the season. It is an understatement to say that I am angry. It is disturbing that the G-men are now without their best receiver, however, there is also an additional and even more disturbing issue here.

Why did Plaxico carry a gun when he went out? I understand that a rich celebrity needs to be safe when going out, but did he have any business carrying a gun? I don't know Plaxico, but I assume that he (any many ignorant others) put a gun on like a piece of jewelry. It's all for show and not carried for an honorable purpose. These people should not be carrying firearms, they are a danger to themselves (obviously) and to others. I love and will defend the second amendment, but for the corporate safety of everyone........PLEASE DON'T CARRY A FIREARM UNLESS YOU KNOW HOW AND WHEN TO USE IT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Preach it brother :)

Teri said...

Aww poor Sam, your beloved Giants can still do it! I am sure they will make it to the superbowl, he didn't carry the team did he? I thought they were all good...especially my man Alfred. =) Good ol' Alfred, now I can betchya he wouldn't carry a gun to a club.