Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I LOVE NY


My recent trip to New York City has reinvigorated my love for my country. It only takes one look at the NYC skyline to appreciate free market capitalism. Those tall buildings do not represent "evil corporations" they represent hard working Americans that have created a product or service that others enjoy. They represent jobs, dreams, and economic national security.



I went to see the statue of liberty for the first time. If you haven't been I highly recommend it. I have seen that statue in books, magazines, ads, movies, and commercials like I am sure you have. The only problem is that there are no images that do justice to the real thing. Standing at the base of the statue creates a surge of patriotism. You can only think to yourself, God Bless America, and be proud of your country. It also provides a great view of the city and an enjoyable ferry ride.



Now I must address the bad luck I bring to all NY sports. Last December I traveled to NY and watched the Giants play (they lost). I then went to the garden and watched the Knicks play (they lost). I hoped that this year would be different but I was wrong. I saw the Giants again (they lost) and then I went back to the garden and watched the Rangers (they lost). I love my teams but they always succumb to my presence.

No comments: