Friday, November 21, 2008

FIRE!

Occasionally I will rant on things apolitical. Today's subject is the ridiculous news media (which is of course, not entirely apolitical). The exploiters of human suffering continue to amuse me. Apparently the news worthy story of the day is wildfires in California. WHO CARES! Really? Fire? Is that breaking news? Only if it's my house on fire would it be news. I hate to break it to them but fire is really not news, definitely not breaking news. Fire has been around since man first inhabited the earth. Many people own FIREplaces, candles, and lighters. Its not like we have not seen fire before. Yes it creates damage, but it's nothing new. The 24 hour news, youtube generation is desensitized anyways and doesn't care about a stupid fire. I can only laugh when fires necessitate hours of news coverage.

No comments: